torsdag den 25. august 2016

Costume Drive


Monday night I moved back to Natasha's. We spent that first night playing the rest of the Around the world in 80 days game (that we had started purely to see if we could get to Copenhagen - which we did).


Tuesday I met up with Laura, Princess from gesture class, and her friend Valerie. We went to the FIDM Scholarship store and tried on their 50 dollar wedding dresses. The clothing in the store was donated to the school by the designers and then sold to fund scholarships for students. Pretty great! I found a cute dress (not wedding) and some earrings for cheap!


But the store was not the reason we'd gone Downtown. The museum had a costume design in television exhibition with a LOT of really cool costumes on display - and we were going to draw them. I had watched most of the shows, so it was fun to see the real apparel. I loved seeing the stain from the blood on the Abominable Bride (Sherlock) dress - and I was pretty obsessed with the Outlander costumes. We all really liked the ones from Defiance too, even though none of us has seen it. It was some super cool hours where we had the place mostly to ourselves.


From DTLA we went up to Burbank for our class. Porto's was more crowded than I've ever seen it, but we eventually got our food.


 Yum!
The next morning I met up with Max to talk about the upcoming Stop Motion shoot that I was going to work on. He made me feel less nervous about the whole situation, and I was left with nothing but excitement.


I posted a costume drawing from FIDM to Instagram and clicked on the outlander tag. I was surprised to find out through that that there was another Outlander exhibit going on in LA. It was closing the very same weekend though, so the next day I hurried over there, as I was going to be on set the rest of the week. 
It was a small affair, but I managed to spend a great amount of time there anyways - the details had me swooning, and I was drawing again. I really liked that they had a set design section too, and I was stunned to realize that most indoor scenes were not shot in actual baroque locations in Europe, but in intricate sets build for the shoot.


My favourite was this violet number. Gorgeous! I ended up chatting to an employee for a very long time, and exited Paley Center more than half an hour after they closed, haha.


As I didn't have plans the rest of the day, I decided to walk around Beverly Hills and visit Rodeo Drive for the first time. It wasn't anything amazing, but I got the pleasant surprise of seeing quiet a few Dali sculptures !


I visited at the right time of day too. Everything looked sparkling due to the setting sun. The Beverly Hotel's details really popped.
I sat down on a bench and started drawing people. It was cool.


I only left that bench when my blood sugar levels were getting low. So I swung by Sprinkles for that Beverly Hills ice cream.  And then I walked to the Witch' house.


Which is an actual house that someone lives in. It's famous for its' quirky fairy tale style and it was super cute. The owner apparently signs something to promise not to change the property in any way. It was a real gem !

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar