mandag den 28. februar 2011

And the oscar goes to...



Yesterday the 83rd annual Oscar show was - as you all probably know - held in LA. I went to Imperial Cinema to watch it being broadcasted live for the 2nd time. Aaaaall night long. You know, because of the time difference.



The cinema has this Oscar figurine they take up from their basement for this event once a year. And then of course the red carpet is rolled out. Both Danish celebrities and "commoners" attend. I met up with my friends - Rikke and her tag-alongs - who were also in there... It seems Rikke and I both thought "the longer, the better!"



We've got this TV channel called TV2 Film and this is the channel that shows the annual Oscars these years. We don't have commercial breaks like in the US on this channel, so whenever the breaks come up their "expert panel" would discuss what had happened since the last break... And the experts was in the cinema.



The place was almost full - so that adds up to about 1000 people pulling an all-nighter for the sake of the academy, haha!
Of course we got some treats - champagne for a welcome drink, goody bags with candy and an energy drink and a pre-premiere showcase of a danish movie called "Super Clasico".



I went in there with 3 lovely girls from my class. Only two of them had watched a whole Oscar show before and only at home. Two months ago I told them about this event though and they figured it would be very fun to go!


Oscar pictures off http://www.lfpress.com/entertainment/oscars/photos/2011/02/27/17427671.html

I really thought Natalie Portman deserved her Oscar. And Colin Firth's speech was very good! Not really touching, but he just has a way with words. I loved it when he said that "I fear my career has just peaked" and when he thanked his wife "...fore bearing with my fleeting delusions of royalty."



Susanne Bier (and therefore Denmark) was nominated in the Foreign Language Feature for her movie "In A Better World". And she won! The crowd here in Imperial went absolutely CRAZY! They screamed and stood up to give a round of applause. It was pretty wild, haha!



I loved Anne Hathaway's suit outfit! It was gorgeousssss. And I loved how simple Reese Witherspoon's dress was.

I thought Anne Hathaway made up a fine hostess. She was a bit nervous at times but generally pulled it through nicely. As for James Franco... not so good a host. He was distant, goofy and strictly speaking it seemed as though he was stoned.



Watch the intro and the last five seconds of the video above to see the whole package! But watch the rest in the video below for better quality...



I loved this! Except for the Eclipse part it was hilarious... I must say that those 5 last seconds will forever have ruined that scene in Toy Story.

Speaking of Toy Story... It got 2 awards! For best animated feature and for best original song. This really shows that the Academy has embraced those toys. But I think it's kind of surprising. It's a 3rd movie! A 3rd! And then it brings home Oscars... I'm happy! But I really think HTTYD should have won for best original score!



My make-up kept in place really well! These pictures are taken at 7 this morning. The curls went straight-ish really quick though.



I went home to take a refreshing bath before going directly to school. And in school we all - the other 3 girls and myself - was seriously done for. So WASTED. I slept during all the breaks haha. And when I got home I just collapsed on my bed... and missed my dentist appointment because I slept 4 hours more than I should have...

<3**

7 kommentarer:

  1. Brød mig virkelig ikke om den kvindelige smagsdommer på TV2! Øv, hvor var hun irriterende at høre på!

    Syntes det var et rigtig fedt show i år! Sidste år syntes jeg det var for meget "den ene eller den anden" mellem Avatar og Hurt Locker. I år var der så mange gode film, og de fik allesammen deres fortjente statuetter - Specielt Inception, som jeg er helt og aldeles forelsket i! Bedste film? - Nej, men bedste visiuelle og tekniske effekter all the way! Og så ærger det mig da også lidt, at Hans Zimmer ikke vandt, men The Social Networks musik er også fantastisk. Thumbs up for Trent Reznor (:

    James Franco skal bare være glad for sit gode udseende, for det var virkelig en ringe performance. Men Anna havde virkelig en fantastisk charme og udstråling gennem hele showet! Hun er fantastisk!

    SvarSlet
  2. Oscars ser ud som om det har været awesome :D

    SvarSlet
  3. You know, I have never sat through a whole sitting of the Oscars. XD I didn't know other countries actually had showings for it though. It makes it sound so much more fun!

    Btw, you looked stunning, as always! ^^

    SvarSlet
  4. Du ser fantastisk ud ! Men osse ret så træt på de sidset billeder <3

    SvarSlet
  5. Susanne Bier definitely deserved her Oscar! I loved "In a better world", best danish movie I've ever watched! :)

    SvarSlet
  6. To be honest..I think the entire Oscar thing is a lot overrated. It's just like sports to me - boring, haha!

    But you looked gor-ge-ous!! So cute and chic. Love that your makeup lasted the entire night!

    Ps I think it's freaking HARDCORE that you went to school despite not getting any sleep! You're awesome :D

    SvarSlet